The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) is a thriving professional medical society dedicated to optimizing patient care and improving lives through minimally invasive, image-guided treatments. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, SIR represents one of the most innovative, exciting, and competitive specialties in medicine today. SIR is a 501(c)(6) professional association that supports more than 8,100 interventional radiology physicians, trainees, medical students, scientists, and clinical professionals. SIR is also comprised of SIR’s 501(c)(3) Foundation, which focuses on research and fundraising to advance the future of interventional radiology. Together SIR and SIR Foundation have nearly 50 staff, combined annual revenues of $10 million, and assets of nearly $17 million.
SIR is excited to be opening the new position of Web Manager to join our business technology team. As the web manager you will support the society’s day-to-day website operations. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Web Strategy. This position will work with staff across the society to develop, maintain, and update website pages and content.
This is an excellent role for someone with SEO and analytics knowledge combined with strong interpersonal skills. A background in producing web content and an interest in learning new technology is a plus. This position's responsibilities include ongoing website maintenance, planning and development in accordance with SIR’s brand and content strategies
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work in content management system (CMS) to manage pages and content, as needed. Train staff on the use of CMS and provide support.
- Ensures that pages throughout the site are accurate and updated in accordance with SIR’s style and brand guidelines.
- Work closely with staff to assist in the development of website scope of work, estimates, and timetables to complete projects on-time and within budget.
- Ensure all staff contributors are trained and up to date on site functionality and content update process.
- Provide support for staff onboarding
Secondary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Keeps current on website technology and products
- Attends workshops and webinars, as necessary.
- Review Google Analytics to identify opportunities for improving the user experience and provide reports for internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with the marketing manager to ensure that all image placement guidelines are met through correct image resizing and storage in CMS assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical skills and experience with the latest software applications used for web and electronic communications
- Experience working with Content Management Systems, Google Analytics, and SEO. Experience with HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage evolving content for diverse audiences
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or other image processing software
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communications skills, project management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/certification and experience
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience, including web, digital communications, and content management
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: This position is 100% remote with 30% travel. Use of phones and computers for extended periods. Utilize equipment and communication technologies for conference calls and teleconference meetings/webinars. Requires mobility to move and travel away from the remote setting. Ability to lift 25 pounds. Frequent interaction with internal staff and physician members via phone, in person, email, and other mediums.
Special note regarding COVID-19: SIR employees are currently working in a hybrid or remote fashion and will have the ability to continue to work with a flexible arrangement based on business needs.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all other duties as required.
SIR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.