The Project Manager is responsible for coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. For the life of the project, the PM will oversee all aspects of projects to ensure profitability. The PM will also set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor progress of project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate internal resources for the successful execution of projects
- Coordinate external resources for the successful execution of project
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Create Labor SOV
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. This includes keeping up to date on ASI’s, ASK’s, and etc.
- Estimate, or coordinate estimation with Estimator, to propose change orders as requested via email, ASK, ASI, or other forms of request
- Manage change orders weather initiated by customer or as warranted due to conditions in the field
- Submit and seek approval for cost proposals as changes in work occur
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques including RFMS Client Management
- Report any issues and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Provide ongoing information to Superintendent as needed
- Assist Superintendent with jobsite delivery request as needed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Some supervisory responsibilities required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to create and execute an action plan
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships
- Knowledge of all products in the floor covering and/or cabinet industry
- Ability to communicate both written and oral with strong interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to delegate effectively and responsibly
- Proficient with technology and basic software programs including Microsoft Office
- Potential to learn of all pertinent RFMS modules
- Ability to read and comprehend written reports and documentation
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to visually recognize conformance and nonconformance of flooring and/or cabinet products
- Working knowledge of junior level positions including Project Coordinators and Superintendents.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 25 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.