Currently seeking an AR/Collections specialist to join our team. Must be able to communicate with customers and keep detailed information on accounts. 2 years of previous AR/Collections experience required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor a segment of the AR aging report for past due accounts
- Customer collection calls based on past due balances
- Communicate with dispatch and customer service teams regarding customer hold status
- Monitor customer credit limits and update system as needed
- Resolve and monitor customer disputes
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of prior AR/Collection experience (Required)
- Expertise with MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- High level of problem-solving ability including independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excel – solid experience with excel including putting together basic formulas
- Pride – you should truly take pride in your work and not just show up to collect a paycheck.
- Teamwork – the ability to help others throughout the company, as well as our customers, is vital.
- Strong work ethic and sense of discipline.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and customer service orientation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.