The Cabinet Processor is responsible for receiving and processing incoming starts and purchase orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review contract pricing to confirm accuracy.
- Gather and translate all necessary customer and internal data to develop accurate and detailed orders that support successful installation.
- Order cabinets, hardware and supplies when needed.
- Work with our builder field personnel to schedule dates for various cabinet requirements.
- Collaborate with Design Team, Builder Account Managers and Builder Customers daily to achieve targeted results.
- Build positive relationships daily with our builder customers, field supervisors, homeowners, and vendor partners when applicable.
- Ensure all projects are scheduled and installed to meet builder’s expectations.
- Perform accurate and timely entry of customer selections into order processing system and place orders with cabinet vendors.
- Place and monitor orders for cabinetry, hardware and supplies to meet installation deadlines.
- Work with builder’s trade websites to gather PO’s, work orders and starts.
- Understand cabinet layouts and installation box counts.
- Compare purchase orders/work orders against contract amounts to confirm accuracy.
- Proactively communicate issues to promote issue resolution daily with cabinet team.
- Manage warranty requests from the builder and homeowners, following through to completion.
- Monitor and track order delivery to meet installation deadlines.
- Create cabinet installation packets for our cabinet subcontractors, ensuring all essential information is accurate and accounted for.
- Work with installation teams on schedules and negotiate rates for additional PO work.
- Create installation schedules weekly using our software.
- Be responsible for learning and using JRMcDade computer systems and technologies provided to maintain your order schedule.
- Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Possess above average computer and math skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts/bids/proposals and procedures written in English
- Ability to learn new software programs
- General understanding of construction processes and cabinet operations
- Strong Interpersonal & Communications Skills; ability to form positive working relationships with internal staff.
- Ability to take direction and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to multitask; manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-Sufficient; ability to work independently
- Strong Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel, Power point, Adobe, and other Office products.
- An eye for creative packaging of marketing materials
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
- May require travel to other JRM locations and builder offices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.