"Big enough to serve you, small enough to know you.” We pride ourselves on providing a local place to shop for their homes, DIY projects while working with our friendly, customer focused team.
We are searching for a profession, retail management person to join our team and lead our busy Front End.
The Front-End Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day operations of the checkout area including staff supervision and scheduling for proper coverage. The front-end supervisor is responsible for ensuring the store and its employees provide the highest level of customer service to its customers. The area is maintained for organization, merchandise and to ensure the best customer experience.
Day to day will include:
· Be the main point of contact for customers and front end associates with focus on high level service, mentoring and development of front end staff. Be present, side by side to coach.
· Evaluate and ensure efficient operation of the registers, expediting price checks and supporting associates customer transactions. Address customer complaints as needed.
· Ensure checkout and register area is well maintain, organized and stocked. Work with store management to identify impulse items for display.
· Review staffing levels based on forecasted sales volume with a focus on payroll cost control.
· Monitor checkout process and activity to minimize shrinkage and theft.
· Monitor cash management process. Address shorts/overs and identify root cause.
· Work with store management team in coaching and training and front end staff to ensure customers receive outstanding and quick checkout service.
· Participate in the interviewing, selection and training of new staff for front end roles.
· Provide input to performance evaluations and areas for improvement to focus on continued growth.
· Ensure adherence to company policies and use corrective action process to address needed corrections..
· Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and work with other supervisors for collaboration.
· Perform checkouts as needed based on staffing level and customer volume.
· Always maintain a positive image as a Norfolk Hardware and Norfolk Kitchen and Bath employee. Address all situations in a professional manner.
· Adhere to Norfolk Hardware standards and manage others to same expectations.
· Special projects as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Clear and persuasive communication skills to direct staff, implement store policies and serve customers.
· Active listening skills to support strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
· High level of focus on teamwork and supervisory skills.
· Aptitude for math including GP% and market pricing
· Ability to work with a variety of customers and employees demonstrating empathy when needed.
Education and Experience
· 3+ years supervisory experience in a retail environment, preferable home improvement
· Experience working with multi-cultural workforce
· Bi-lingual a plus
· Experience in variety of retail roles (supervisor, cashier, stock)
· Associate’s degree in business management or related field, desired
· Able to stand for long periods of time
· Able to lift 50+ lbs.
· Able walk, stoop, climb
· Able to carry to assist customers
· Able to hear and adapt to noise as needed