Avesta Housing is seeking a LPN to work at our assisted living residences, Inn at Village Square. We offer flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth (including paid training), autonomy, and the ear of our leadership team. Our team is dedicated to supporting one another and providing our residents with sincere and thoughtful care. If you are looking to escape the frenzied pace of hospital and nursing home work, come join us at the Inn at Village Square to obtain the work/life balance you have been searching!
The Inn at Village Square is a 37-bed assisted living facility for seniors who find it difficult to continue to live unassisted in their own residence but who would like to continue to enjoy their independence in the comfort of a safe, secure, and friendly environment. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing environment designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide “peace of mind” to each resident as well as to their respective family.
We are currently seeking Resident Assistants for all shifts to provide direct resident care, housekeeping and laundry duties, and assist with resident activities. This position is responsible for observing and reporting changes in resident behavior and general condition while maintaining resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA regulations.
POSITION SUMMARY: This role provides high quality care to the residents of the facility that is consistent with procedures outlined by Health Services and the mission of Inn at Village Square through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care; empowering residents and families to achieve maximum levels of comfort and independence.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and basic principles and guidelines of professional nursing.
- Continuously evaluates appropriate care plan for resident, involving resident and family in decisions.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team and service providers to develop and implement plan of care for residents. Keeps members informed of resident needs and changes in status by appropriate means.
- Applies nursing principles in the treatment of residents; provides nursing care, emotional support, and education to residents and families.
- Provide annual required in-services to all direct care personnel.
- Obtain written physician orders and document verbal orders in residents’ record.
- Identify and delegate responsibilities to caregivers.
- Provide direct resident care including assistance with bathing, dressing, ambulation, transferring, and other physical and personal care assistance as needed.
- Provide medication administration and document in residents’ medication administration records.
- Document resident information in Electronic Medical Records system; ensure documentation is complete, reflects care given and is completed by the end of the assigned shift.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Reports employee and residents’ incidents according to agency protocols.
- Provide a safe environment for residents; provides support in event of an emergency, maintains a clean environment and sanitary equipment, and ensuring adequate supplies.
- Offers suggestions to improve policies, procedures and services.
- Provide assistance with equipment (i.e.: walkers, canes, etc.) as needed.
- Follow established safety procedures and report safety hazards promptly.
- Adheres to all agency, state, and federal policies and procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the Inn at Village Square community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Remain at the facility until a replacement arrives or to cover additional shifts when necessary.
- Attend all mandatory in-service trainings and participates on committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with the elderly in a personal care environment preferred.
- Valid Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) License.
- Valid CPR certification, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Works with diverse social and economic situations without imposing own values; maintains professional boundaries.
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization requirements.
- Commitment to quality services and treating residents with dignity and respect.
- Ability to work effectively with others and portray a positive, team-player attitude.
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vested match, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned time. Excellent working environment.