BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager of Pre-Construction on the Project Execution Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with internal teams and external partners to successfully and accurately lead the transition of late -stage development assets through the contracting phase and ultimately to the construction phase. This role will work directly with development, engineering, construction and finance, to appropriately plan, scope and prepare projects for success. This is an opportunity to join an established, high-performing team that has been leading the market in innovation and high-quality execution for a decade. Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, creativity and thoroughness are essential to success in this position.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Lead coordination of constructability evaluations and review of site conditions to ensure alignment between development designs and construction feasibility
- Collaborate and coordinate with project development,construction and finance teams to prepare assets for financing and construction
- Track estimating and pricing throughout the development process
- Support both Solar and Storage indicative pricing efforts
- Implement measures that mitigate risk and optimize organizational goals
- Translate and document development requirements, commercial and technical conditions and key risks/metrics into an EPC scope, schedule, budget and execute plan
- Lead and manage EPC RFP processes inclusive of RFP material preparation, bid administration, bid evaluation and normalization, and selection process for construction projects
- Primary role in driving EPC negotiations alongside finance and legal teams and driving efforts towards target price, schedule, scope and risk and act as liaison for the development and technical teams
- Provide support for new acquisition opportunities, inclusive of staged EPC pricing, indicative schedules and procurement support
- Invest efforts to broaden and strengthen EPC and subcontractor partners for our portfolios of projects
- Identify and qualify construction partners for key markets and build healthy relationships that are based on common goals and shared success through repeatable transactions
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field or equivalent trade experience
- 5+ years of experience in areas of project management, contracting and estimating experience, or equivalent combination
- Advanced familiarity with critical path scheduling methods
- Good business writing and communication skills
- Prior experience working within a solar development or EPC company in the US market
- Knowledge of Solar PV and Battery Storage building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices
- Extensive and broad knowledge of relevant codes, standards, construction practices and engineering principles required to construct a renewable energy plant
- Experienced with relevant software like Procore, SalesForce, scheduling software like MS Project or Primavera and Microsoft Office
- Proven track record of purchasing success in the construction industry
- Vendor, general contractor and subcontractor relationships or familiarity in the solar/storage space is a plus
*Supervisory responsiblities are not immediate, but will be expected in the future
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.