The Marketing and Creative Services team provides strategic and creative support to departmental staff, programs, campus beneficiaries and affiliate organizations. This individual will serve as the student in-house videographer and editor for a variety of multimedia projects.
Candidates should be proficient in filming video with a variety of camera equipment, as well as editing within the Adobe Creative Suite. The ideal candidate must be an organized multitasker able to handle a wide variety of tasks and projects at once, while meeting tight deadlines.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Perform specific tasks in support of Marketing and Creative Services objectives.
- Film and edit video material from activities and events at the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center and on/off campus.
- Produce videos to be used within various Association communications channels (i.e., Huddleston Video Wall, social media, AggieNetwork.com, presentations, etc.).
- Design graphics within the Adobe Creative Suite to be used in videos and other multimedia projects.
- Edit pre-existing video footage into material to be used by a wide variety of departments.
- Organize and archive footage for use in current and future projects.
- Create presentations using both video and photography for Association activities/events.
- Work on a daily basis with PC editing software.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which includes:
- Contributing to efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Director of Marketing.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University or Blinn.
Preferred: Due to the amount of training involved, prefer a student who will be able to work at this position for 2+ years.
- Experience filming and an extensive knowledge on video, including but not limited to ISO, white balance, frame rate, file formatting, etc. Also, knowledge about setting up light packages for interviews. NOTE: The Association currently uses a Canon C100 for its in-house filming.
- Basic understanding of sound capture and editing for video
- Ability to take raw video and still images and “story tell” in a way that meets Marketing and Creative Services objectives.
- Ability to capture, process and manage digital video from source materials.
- Ability to edit professional quality video from conception to completion using Adobe Premier and After Effects editing software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in non-linear editing software package. If no knowledge in Adobe Premier, then sufficient experience in Final Cut Pro or DaVinci Resolve.
- Must be able to work within Adobe Creative Suite using a Windows PC to design graphics.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and the ability to embed photography, video and audio into MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Texas A&M traditions and history.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism and have patience through creation process.
Required: Ability to provide good customer service, pay attention to detail, meet deadlines, and figure out how to accomplish tasks without specific step-by-step instructions and close supervision. Strong time management skills and ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and projects at once, while meeting tight deadlines. Also must be able to stay on top of school work, in addition to projects at The Association.
NOTE: In addition to your application, all applicants must submit a demo reel of prior work to support your knowledge of the required skills.