Passionate DevOps Engineer to help us deliver next level cloud infrastructure in AWS to support our growing client base. The DevOps Engineer is a champion of systems, infrastructure automation and security.
- Responsible for providing senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise’s overall systems architecture.
- Design, development, and implementation of cloud architecture and security strategy across Bridge Connector products.
- Develop and maintain best practices for policies and procedures to support cloud environments.
- Create and implement automated strategies for system monitoring, deployment, and scaling.
- Works closely with Engineering, DevOps and Support teams to reach overall company objectives.
- Serve as subject matter expert on current and new cloud technologies.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud- based and virtualized services.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5+ years of experience in an IT Infrastructure Engineering role. 2+ years of
experience in designing, building and supporting multi-regional IaaS/PaaS solutions on Amazon AWS
Additional preferred experience listed below:
- Demonstrated understanding of Scalability, High Availability and Redundancy concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of Enterprise Security Concepts
- Building or managing a microservice architecture a plus
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator is preferred
AWS Certified Advanced Networking is a plus
This role will have oversight and ownership of Bridge Connector systems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Designing and maintaining secure Linux web servers
- Designing secure Docker containers according to best practices
- Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, ECS, etc.
- Sound understanding of Networking (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN)
- Sound understanding of Firewalls, Load Balancers, Web Application Firewalls
- Maintaining relational database systems (MySQL)
- Experienced in Cloud Automation
- Sound understanding of Identity & Access Management