The Girls JV Basketball Coach supports the Head Varsity Basketball Coach by maintaining the Basketball program’s overall level of excellence, its reputation within the community, the leadership of the coaching staff, and the physical and spiritual development of players.
Essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Coaches the junior varsity team.
- Attends all regular season and post-season practices and games.
- Continues to pursue growth in skills as a position coach by learning from other coaching staff and attending coaching clinics.
- Uses requisite technology independently to perform coaching instructional and program operational duties.
- Assistant and Junior Varsity coaches are assigned select roles by the head varsity coach. These could include:
- Position strategy and coordination.
- Player discipleship and leadership development.
- Development and oversight of other assistant coaches.
- Assist with communication to parents
- Assist with communication to players
- Assist with communication to parent volunteers
- Assist with social media:
- Coordination with Sports Information Director to keep social media and website current.
- Program operations
- Athletic Trainer coordination.
- Assist with referee coordination.
- Assist with team excursions.
- Assist with community and school service activities.
- Assist with college recruiting.
- Assist with summer camp operations.
- Representing Wheaton Academy within in the conference and IHSA.
Qualifications: The JV Basketball Coach accepts without verbal or mental reservations the Educational Philosophy and Mission of Wheaton Academy as outlined in the Statement of Faith and is committed to upholding them. The Teacher shall follow a Christian lifestyle and shall maintain a Christian church affiliation whose fundamental beliefs are in alignment with the Statement of Faith of this school. The teacher affirms that, as part of the qualifications for this position, he/she is a "born again" Christian who knows the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
The ideal candidate has prior collegiate playing experience. This person is knowledgeable of the game and has prior coaching experience. This individual has proven leadership experience in directing others and a program toward the completion of a vision in coaching or other professional contexts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.