The customer service representative will provide our customers with exceptional service. You will be communicating with new homeowners, builders & vendors. Our Service Department is tasked with taking care of homebuyers during the warranty period. This position will require you to work hand in hand with our dedicated service technician. This is a fast pace high volume position. This is a builder/ homeowner focused position. They are the reason this company exists. Their complete satisfaction is of utmost importance. To many homeowners and the builder, you are the voice of the company. You will need to handle all transactions with respect, compassion, and the desire to resolve the issue at hand in an appropriate and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide phone support to assist all new homeowners
- Communicate with new homeowners, builders & vendors.
- Prepare work orders
- Order material
- Schedule repairs
- Handle a high volume of calls
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of flooring, specialties, or general construction industry is a preferred
- Ability to create a personal connection with the customer.
- Ability to deescalate an upset customer while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Maintain your composure in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a favorable image of the company through effective use of soft skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Independent Self-starter that can think outside the box.
- Upbeat, Empathetic, Patient, Calm, & Positive Attitude
- Ability to multitask across several platforms seamlessly juggling the required daily activities with the interruption of inbound customer and technician inquiries.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.