The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall development and implementation of the human resource program. This position involves the formulation and coordination of fair and equitable employment practices including hiring, administration of benefits, counseling, and separation from employment while complying with all local and national regulations. The Director of Human Resources also has primary responsibility for the health of the organization. As a member of the Leadership Team, this position is tasked with developing and implementing an HR strategy to position the firm as a leader in providing science and engineering consulting services.
Responsibilities: (The following is a list of responsibilities of this position, but is not intended to cover all duties that this position may be required to perform from time to time.)
- Establish and maintain fair and equitable personnel policies and procedures to ensure that employment decisions are implemented consistently without any form of discrimination.
- Develop, implement and conduct ongoing evaluation of compensation structures/programs to maintain internal equity and meet external market conditions.
- Establish and implement an effective and objective employee performance appraisal process.
- Establish and implement a comprehensive employee benefit program that includes employee health benefits, retirement plan, and personal time off (PTO) benefit, and leave associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Oversee Workers’ Compensation Insurance Program, investigate work related injuries and accidents, manage claims in a cost effective way. Implement programs to reduce WC experience modifier.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements such as 5500 benefit filings and OSHA reporting.
- Establish and implement an effective employee training and orientation program that ensures that the employees are knowledgeable of the company’s mission and its employment practices.
- Implement and maintain oversight of HR Information System (HRIS).
- Direct and assist with hiring of the human resources department staff, new hire training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions.
- Provide collaborative support to all group leaders in regards to employment issues.
- Establish and implement a program to oversee the hiring, professional development, corrective action, and termination of company employees.
- Create and establish yearly objectives for the human resources area that align with the company’s plan for growth.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by management team in alignment with our commitment to continuous improvement as a business management system.
- Evaluate goals monthly to track progress and develop plan to achieve goals.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Provide accurate, detailed and high-quality work products.
- Comply with all current policies and procedures of SynTerra.
- Comply with all Health and Safety training in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Full-Time employees: Available to work 40 hours per week, plus additional hours as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Company President or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related field required. Acceptable combinations of experience and/or training may be considered in lieu of formal educational achievements.
- Professional designation preferred (PHR, SHRM-CP).
- Five (5) years of experience in the human resource field is required.
- Two (2) years of leadership and management experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills including written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Software proficiency (including but not limited to): HRIS systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong strategic planning, consultative and analytical skills required.
- Must demonstrate problem solving and conflict resolution skills at both strategic and functional levels.
- Must possess ability to motivate teams, to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- The Director of Human Resources must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
- The Director of Human Resources’ work environment involves work primarily indoors with rare need to work in an outdoor setting. Work environment primarily involves climate controlled office space.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to view computer screens and prepared documentation.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.