BlueWave has an immediate opening for a VP of Project Execution on the Project Operations Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with internal teams and external partners to successfully and accurately lead the transition of late -stage projects from Notice to Proceed (NTP) through construction and commissioning. The overall objective of this role is the successful management of third party EPC partners to deliver safe, on schedule, on-budget solar and storage projects to a high level of quality, as well as ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. This role will directly and by way of team management work with Development, Engineering, Pre-Construction and Finance teams, to appropriately plan, scope and prepare projects for success.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the renewable energy industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Build out and lead a team of project and construction management professionals by example
- Maintain accountability for the success of projects in construction
- Ensure compliance with BlueWave priorities and goals by effectively incorporating the requirements for Safety, Finance, Environmental, Quality and Performance across all projects
- Manage budget and schedule goals across multiple portfolios of solar and energy storage projects by supporting negotiations with suppliers and contractors in the context of project requirements and enforcing the contractual obligations through execution
- Maintain channels of communication to successfully surveil day-to-day progress of third party EPC contractors
- Responsible for leading and managing assigned staff (PMs/Project Engineers/CMs/Field Managers) with a dotted line safety staff member
- Ensure adherence to EPC contracts, including tracking deliverables, schedules, payments due, managing change orders, providing notices of disputes and managing warranty claims.
- Coordinate with Procurement and Pre-Construction leads to identify and secure long lead owner provided equipment
- Provide input during the project development phase and coordinate with Engineering, Development and Project Finance to drive the competitive advantage of BlueWave
- Track project pricing and performance metrics for use in future early stage modeling efforts
- Support both Solar and Storage indicative pricing efforts
- Implement measures that mitigate risk and optimize organizational goals
- Support EPC RFP processes inclusive of RFP material preparation, bid administration, bid evaluation and normalization and selection process for construction projects.
- Provide support for new acquisition opportunities, inclusive of staged EPC pricing, indicative schedules and procurement support
- Invest efforts to broaden and strengthen EPC and subcontractor partners for our portfolios of projects
- Communicate project construction progress internally and externally as needed
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related discipline
- Experience managing a large team(s)
- Experience leading the timely and safe execution of multiple energy projects through Third Party EPC contractors
- 15+ years of experience in energy industries, construction or operations
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in power engineering execution and/or project management
- Minimum of 8 years in project execution of solar and storage projects preferred
- Expert level project management skills
- Process orientation and data driven approach to project management
- Extensive and broad knowledge of relevant codes, standards, construction practices and engineering principles required to construct a renewable energy plant.
- Experience negotiating and administeringEPC contracts in conjunction with financing projects
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Competent in Excel, Word, Salesforce, Procore and other related systems
- Advanced familiarity with critical path scheduling methods
- 30%-50% travel expected for the position for office and site visits as needed
Build and lead various Project Execution teams
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.