Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist (HRG) will provide support to the organization in a variety of human resource activities. The HRG carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, legal compliance, training and development, and organizational development.
• Prepare all new hire packages.
• Processes new hire employees, full time and temporary, and enter information into all applicable websites, databases, and files.
• Provide employee services and assist with employee relations as necessary.
• Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from database.
• Work with the HR Manager in developing and conducting training activities and temporary staff orientations, safety and policy trainings, and other HR activities accommodating a multi-shift operation.
• Assist HR Manager in identifying, evaluating, recommending, and administering temporary staffing vendor relationships assigned to Cormetech.
• Assist HR Manager in identifying the staffing needs of the organization and developing recruiting and hiring strategies.
• Assist with identifying career development initiatives for employees that are aligned with Cormetech’s Core Values and Beliefs.
• Administers and maintains Anniversary and Safety Recognition programs.
• Assists with employee relations activities and events.
• Administer and maintain Cormetech’s Operations Training program.
• Maintain applicant, promotion, transfer, and termination logs for Affirmative Action reporting for Durham location.
• Maintain programs compliant with federal and state employment law, OSHA requirements, and ISO guidelines.
• Track and provide HR Metrics for the Durham facility, including but not limited to, training hours per employee, turnover rates, overtime hours, etc.
• Actively promotes Cormetech’s policies and procedures including a culture of positive, open communications at all levels of the organization.
• Assist the HR Manager in support of other HR personnel functions as needed.
• Prepare all new-hire benefit packages.
• Assist with all new-hire benefit enrollment.
• Assist with open enrollment meetings.
• Participates in HR staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars for benchmarking and continued professional development.
• Special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledgeable of ISO and OSHA standards.
• Problem solving—identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Interpersonal Skills—maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas, and exhibit willingness to try new things.
• Oral and Written communication—speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates group presentation skills; and conducts meetings.
• Written communication—Edit work to ensure correct for spelling and proper grammar, present numerical data effectively and capable of properly interpreting written information.
• Planning/organizing—prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
• Quality control—demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and capable of dealing with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and Security—actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• An Associate or Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Education or equivalent experience and 5 or more years of Human Resources experience in a junior HRG, HR coordinator or HR administrative role.
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred.
• Experience in using Paylocity or other HRIS system helpful.
• Proficient in MS Office including, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of ISO and OSHA standards helpful.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to provide training on all shifts is required.
• Office environment with moderate noise level.
• Required to sit for long periods of time.
• Infrequent light physical effort required.
• Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as common protective or safety equipment including, but not limited to, safety shoes, eye protection, hand protection, hearing protection, hard hats, etc.
Cormetech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.
Job Type: Full-time