At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, hires, and manages performance to organization goals and expectations.
- Manages budgets and resources effectively and efficiently; knows and understands organization’s financial position.
- Manages vendors and outside service providers effectively; sets expectations and holds them accountable.
- Leads a technical group on projects from establishing requirements through the implementation of the process.
- Works with various cross-functional team members to define software requirements and assess feasibility of design within time constraints.
- Works with the business, customers, and vendors to prioritize work, provide updates, and adjust priorities and deliverables as needed.
- Works with the team to automate management tasks, streamline processes, and perform standard administration functions as needed.
- Enhances the Company’s platform to meet clients’ specific needs.
- Manages service desk and oversees team that manages software development requests, priorities, service desk team response, and collaborates with external customers and service desk team members to manage expectations, respond to requests.
- Works with clients to address client needs and has frequent status calls with clients and ensures client needs are met.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience leading at the functional level is preferred.
- Experience developing enterprise level applications is preferred.
- Experience integrating enterprise systems together through standard API interfaces or middleware is preferred.
- Experience in project management tools and methodologies is required.
- Experience in software development lifecycle tools [JIRA] and software development methodologies is required.
- Experience with completing object mapping specifications by reviewing XML, JSON, and similar file types is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Software development certifications are preferred. Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 7 to 10 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer