Civil Design, Inc. is a Certified Woman Business Enterprise, civil engineering firm of 100+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, structures and infrastructure and analytics. Civil Design Inc. is in its 26th year of business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL, Jefferson City, MO and Louisville, KY.
Culture: CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client, and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, mutual trust and respect, ownership, and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships
Job Description: Responsible for making precise measurements to determine boundaries and providing topographic data utilizing survey equipment and data collection software.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform Boundary and Topographical Surveys, Right of way Surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Utility Surveys and Constructional layout, for municipal, private and roadway projects.
- Utilize Trimble Robotic, GNSS and Conventional equipment, Leica 3D Scanning equipment, and survey data collection software to take measurements and collect relevant information.
- Perform daily import of all field collected data.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and professional field notes.
- Perform general equipment maintenance.
- Adhere to safety policies, procedures, and requirements of CDI.
- Primarily field work, if needed some travel.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- General understanding of the principles and practices of land surveying.
- General understanding of CAD software.
- General knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and geometry and its application to field surveying.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Trimble and other relevant software.
- Skill in the use of surveying instruments including Trimble Robotic and GNSS equipment.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of geographic area.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Understanding of MicroStation, AutoCAD, Trimble Access, Leica Cyclone, Trimble and Leica Instrumentation is a plus