OpenLoop is looking for a Prior Authorization Specialist to work temporarily with our team remotely or at our HQ in Des Moines, IA.
- Verify insurance coverage and eligibility
- Interpret physician orders, medical terms and insurance details to process authorizations
- Contact providers as necessary, gathering clinical information needed for insurance providers
- Partner with Billing to accurately code services to ensure expedient approvals and payments
- Obtain insurance authorizations via telephonic and online payer systems
- Secure medical necessity checks in accordance with Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer guidelines
- Partner with clinicians to complete patient registration, educating patients on financial liabilities - working cross functionally
- Perform online data entry of routine authorizations and denials
- Other admin duties as assigned
OpenLoop was co-founded by CEO, Dr. Jon Lensing, and COO, Christian Williams, with the vision to bring healing anywhere. Our telehealth support solutions are thoughtfully designed to streamline and simplify go-to-market care delivery for companies offering meaningful virtual support to patients across an expansive array of specialties, in all 50 states.
Our Company Culture
We have a relatively flat organizational structure here at OpenLoop. Everyone is encouraged to bring ideas to the table and make things happen. This fits in well with our core values of Autonomy, Competence and Belonging, as we want everyone to feel empowered and supported to do their best work.
We’re based out of Des Moines, Iowa, but we’ve got teammates spread across the US in many departments. Day to day, we collaborate most frequently using Slack, Notion, Linear, Figma, FullStory, and Zoom.
Pay & Perks
- This is a temporary, approximately 6 month position
- 1+ years of remote work experience required
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Familiarity using various systems for eligibility checks such as Availity and Insomnia preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and pivot as needs change
- Knowledge of function and relationships within hospitals or medical offices preferred
- Understanding of third party payor requirements preferred
- Must be able to complete job duties while seated at desk for multiple hours
- 8-5 CST, 7 days a week, (will include weekends and some holidays)