Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
The Relocation Coordinator provides support to residents of properties that are being improved. During the alteration phase of a rehabilitation project, they manage the day to day needs of residents and facilitate the work of the construction team. The coordinator will represent the construction team and act as the liaison between property management, ownership, and design while interfacing with residents to ensure timely progression of the project. They will carry out the relocation plan and handle communications between all parties, including troubleshooting any issues that residents, management, or ownership encounter during the rehab process. As construction is completed, the coordinator will conduct punch list inspections and accept the units to be delivered to the tenants. This is a full-time position. The position is on management payroll but is supervised by Design & Construction.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Ensure that all plans and timelines are effectively communicated to the populations they affect. Prepare and deliver resident notices regarding construction schedule and any related activities. Organize and participate in resident meetings with updates and communication to Management, Construction Team, and all stake holders.
- Meet with each resident to provide them with construction schedule and document any specific needs that they may have. In coordination with Construction Team and Management, implement strategies to address same.
- Hire and coordinate with Movers to prepare residents for temporary storage of items during construction activities and. Responsibilities include assessing proper manpower required, scheduling and review of invoices for accuracy.
- Coordinate receipt and distribution of moving supplies (i.e., boxes, tape, bubble wrap, etc.) in a timely fashion to ensure tenant preparedness in accordance to the Construction Schedule.
- Hire and coordinate temporary storage for resident’s belongings during construction
- Hire and coordinate with Cleaners to wipe down and disinfect units on a nightly basis while under construction
- Coordinate the creation of hospitality suites for residents use while their units are under construction
- Coordinate entertainment (cable and internet), light food and beverages, as well as lunch, on a daily basis for residents utilizing the hospitality suites
- Manage any additional bug and rodent infestation required to allow for construction activities to proceed
- Inspect apartments for preparedness for construction activities prior to commencement
- Daily inspection of all apartments under construction at the beginning and end of each workday. Notify construction and property management of any issues that may affect relocation plan.
- Facilitate residents’ return to units once construction is completed.
- Address any resident complaints, record the complaints whether open or resolved, and report the complaints and actions taken to the Construction Team.
- Meet with Construction Team daily to review construction schedule and activities.
- Active participation in weekly meetings with all stakeholders. Candidate is expected to provide weekly updates in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Provide written incident reports for any formal complaints filed by residents related to the project
- Providing access to units for the Construction Team and third parties by strictly following Management policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain good communication between all parties during the property renovation process.
- Walk the project site daily to observe and coordinate resident and Construction Team interactions
- Document and communicate delays, challenges and concerns in a professional written format to all stake holders such as Construction Team, Ownership and Management.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Yardi Experience
- Collections Experience
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite