Avesta Housing is looking for a well-rounded, dedicated, skilled individual to maintain services for buildings and grounds of our affordable housing properties!
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will have 2-3 or more years’ experience and meet the following requirements:
- Excellent independent judgment
- Professional attitude
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills (verbal and writing)
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and general repairs skills
- Must possess a basic tool kit.
- Experience in basic property maintenance, work order/project management, managing vendor relationships, use of online management and time-keeping software,
- Knowledge of ongoing and preventive building and maintenance duties.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, discretion, and problem solving.
- Ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people, departments, and circumstances, including within a large property management team.
- Experience with technology, e.g. web-based email, work order management software, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate in English.
Click HERE to view the full Maintenance Technician job description.
This a full-time, hourly non-exempt position with opportunity for overtime pay. Hourly wage is $20.00- $22.00/hour.
This job is on-site at a defined portfolio of properties in the Greater Portland region.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- employer-paid health, dental, and vision plans for employees
- flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vested match
- life, long-term and short-term disability
- free mental health counseling
- 13 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid parental leave
- generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- professional development assistance
- employee referral program
- tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application. A resume and cover letter that tells us how your experience is relevant to this role are required.