The primary responsibility of the Project Accountant is to support the project team regarding contract modifications, compliance, payments, reports and any other duties related to the project. Previous experience in construction, commercial or retail flooring preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all accounting related functions for assigned projects, including job costing.
- Assist project teams with any questions or needs related to the accounting department.
- Manage invoices, payments and compliance for assigned projects.
- Have an understanding of compliance requirements for assigned projects.
- Process vendor invoices accurately and within assigned timeline.
- Collect and track compliance documents.
- Generate reports including A/R, Contractor Payroll, Contract Status and Job Cost.
- Input billings into ERP System
- Job cost report modifications
- Assist Controller with month-end journal entries and account reconciliations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Experience in Project Accounting – minimum 2 years required
- Experience in Construction industry preferred
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Well versed in other MS Office Suite programs
- Strong Team Player; ability to work well with others
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Organization Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.