FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Senior Planner provides production plans, direction, and assistance to production operations and other functional groups to efficiently meet on time delivery to customer requirements. The Senior Planner develops and modifies Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) plans as necessary to achieve customer delivery while efficiently utilizing resources available (production and machine availability, raw materials, productive labor, and support departments) and manages through any constraints encountered.
- Coordinates and executes scheduling and planning activities for all assigned product lines and or part families.
- Ensures the production facility has the necessary production and non-production materials to meet required production levels.
- Determines the most efficient and economical means to fulfill customer requirements utilizing state of the art planning methods including pull systems and Kanban
- Performs a daily review and planning of customer demand versus current production schedule. Updates and revises schedules as necessary in cooperation with manufacturing leadership.
- Maintains accurate planning parameters in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Ensures the optimal use of Material Requirements Planning (MRP)/ERP functions for scheduling/planning.
- Works as a resource to customer facing representatives to provide timely and accurate information related to inquiries about lead time and availability.
- Identifies and reacts to material or production plans that may not meet customer requirements.
- Monitors supply and demand and communicates with production to implement action plans.
- Assures optimal production scheduling and capacity planning for machining and assembly including labor requirements.
- Provides instruction to material handlers to ensure materials are available to the production operations on time.
- Coordinates the efforts of cross functional groups to resolve quality issues, parts shortage, and manpower issues.
- Analyzes and measures the current production schedule attainment and develops appropriate actions in conjunction with stakeholders to achieve full schedule attainment.
- Analyzes data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service and reduce total cost.
- Monitors production through the entire process through shipping to ensure all customer requirements are achieved.
- Participates in daily/weekly production meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business or related field is preferred.
Six years of ERP experience in production planning and scheduling in a complex manufacturing environment is required. Must have ERP experience in scheduling a mix of products comprised of both manufactured and purchased items, preferably in a precision machining and discrete assembly manufacturing environment.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required include:
- Strong ERP system knowledge and thorough understanding of master data requirements needed to effectively schedule in that system.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification.
- Previous or current experience in managing and leading planning teams.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong organization, communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, taking initiative for new ways to improve processes, a quick learner, sense of urgency, and the ability to excel in a high-pressure environment.
- The willingness to work until the job is complete.
- Practical understanding of 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Understanding of basic principles of ISO and AS9100.
- Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel.
- Planning in an ERP driven environment
- Lean experience in pull systems with Kanban driven replenishments
- APICS certification in CPIM or CSCP preferred
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.