What makes CDI unique?
CDI is a certified Woman Business Enterprise that focuses on building stronger communities across each of our marketplaces. To reflect this commitment, all full-time team members receive eight hours of volunteer time off per year. Our six service lines (Infrastructure + Analytics, Site, Structures, Survey, Transportation, and Water Resources) collaborate to leverage each other’s knowledge and expertise, implementing quality control measures, enabling unique solutions, and ultimately ensuring optimal project outcomes for our clients. With over 25 years in business, CDI has grown to four office locations in Effingham, IL, Jefferson City, MO, Louisville, KY, and St. Louis, MO, with an office in Collinsville, IL set to open in early 2023.
What to Expect
CDI aims to find projects that resonate with each team member. CDI respects our team and aspires to best utilize each team member’s personal and professional talents. CDI values a family-first culture and encourages flexible scheduling to help each team member reach their ideal work-life balance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the technical aspects of civil site projects assigned.
- Responsible for being the project point of contact with clients, project team consultants, contractors, on work scope, budgets and schedules.
- Explore our services of water resources, transportation, structural, site, survey and infrastructure & analytics
- Work on civil site development projects by leading the design of site, utility and grading improvements.
- Work in AutoCAD to design and draft project improvements.
- Model/design aspects of civil site projects: pavement thickness, sanitary and storm hydraulics (flow and pipe size), storm hydrology (rainfall volume, water quality volume, detention modeling/routing), and design of storm-water management facilities (bioretention, pervious pavements, vegetated swales).
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university
- EI (Engineer-In-Training), or capable of achieving within 6 months; PE preferred
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D
- Knowledge of civil site-related technical design in land/site development
- Good communication skills Experience with building and sustaining strong client relationships
WORKING CONDITIONS Normal working conditions in an office environment absent extreme factors. Occasional visit to a construction site may be required. May be exposed to varying temperatures or other environmental elements at the job sites.
- Continuous Learning and Growth - We believe individual potential should never be underestimated, and we have the courage to challenge each other in productive ways.
- Mutual Trust and Respect - We aspire to create an environment that provides professional freedom focused on trust and respect.
- Ownership - We believe that commitment, driven by personal initiative, is the best way to serve our company, clients and community.
- Responsiveness - We believe that exceptional service means quickly responding to the needs of others.
CDI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in US.