United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. We are working to make sure all individuals in Utah are secure, economically mobile, and thriving. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and hybrid, flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community an equitable opportunity to live their best life.
The primary task of the Program Manager for Strategy and Learning is to act as an internal coach and steward for the organization around strategic planning, project management, and information management. This position will guide all departments toward effective strategies and indicators and help them measure progress, document procedures and practices, and train and support staff to use them consistently.
This person will be a key driver of the Office of the President team’s result that all staff and board members are supported by a functional, equitable governance structure and clear organizational vision and strategy.
- Facilitate teams across the organization to set strategies and indicators that support the organization’s primary results, and work with Data Operations to help them set measures and track progress.
- Support the Chief of Staff to integrate departmental measures into leadership team conversations and strategic planning and make progress visible to staff and Board.
- Elevate project management by setting standard operating procedures for productivity and project-based tools (Asana, etc.), including training and supporting staff and staying up-to-date on tools and the field.
- Lead knowledge management across the organization, including driving clear structure and conventions for the file storage system.
- Preserve institutional knowledge, including working with outgoing team members to track files and map areas of responsibility.
- Act as business owner for cross-departmental administrative processes, such as contract management -- including documenting, training, and monitoring compliance.
- Use improvement and human-centered mindsets to regularly review and amend processes as needed to improve team experience and results.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits. $50,000 – 65,000. Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Comfortable with data; ability to use data to make decisions and/or tell a story; the ability to document and share learnings, processes, and findings.
- Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments. Keeps information organized and accessible, manages time well.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different situations and dynamics effectively. Applies personal and professional experience, abilities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates integrity, accountability, and efficient stewardship of UWSL resources and funds.
- Works to resolve conflicts and differences through dialogue and open communication - rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Sociology, etc., or equivalent work experience in a relevant field.
- Highly organized; comfortable creating order and direction out of chaos and “finding the signal in the noise.”
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Analytical skills; comfortable consuming, understanding, and translating data and metrics.
- Research and/or strategic planning experience a plus.
- Adapts quickly to new technology tools and understands capabilities and limitations of technology.
The team member is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. The team member must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The team member is required to regularly travel to offsite locations to set-up presentations and displays physical and electronic forms. The team member must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50lbs.