The Security Analyst’s role is an integral part of MEDITECH's Enterprise Security team which was created in response to the ever changing landscape of IT Security. Security Analysts focus on the technical aspects of providing security in the MEDITECH environment. They help to define and implement the policies and procedures created by the Security Board and the activities of the company's Information Security Analysts in an effective way that provides a comprehensive layered approach with minimal impact on legitimate business use.
Security Analysts stay current with all matters relating to network and infrastructure security including the latest threats, solutions, trends, regulations, standards, guidelines, and industry best practices. As a technical resource, the team leads in implementing firewall and other security infrastructure, monitoring the behavior of systems, maintaining key systems, and responding to anomalies or demonstrated threats. As a member of our Corporate Technology team, your job would involve:
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and investigating security-related IT anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based, and automated security alerts
- Configuring, installing, maintaining, and analyzing firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Defining, implementing, and maintaining firewall security policies in accordance with company policies
- Supporting network-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Working with system analyst to support host-based antivirus
- Working with the system technology security analyst to research and react to the latest security threats and vulnerabilities
- Working with system administrators to secure clients and servers and be involved in anything security related as it pertains to Active Directory, group policy, and Windows Firewall
- Working with network engineering on all facets of network infrastructure security and MEDITECH Secure Connect customer connectivity firewall policy updates
- Maintaining firewall and network access controls lists
- Providing off-hours support on an as needed basis
- Creating new ways to solve existing security issues
- Collaborating with colleagues on authentication, authorization, and encryption solutions
- Responding to information security issues during each stage of a project’s life-cycle
- Conducting ongoing research of IT security systems and technologies
- Bachelor’s or associate degree preferred and/or two to three years applicable work or military experience
- Coursework in network and data security a plus
- Understanding of firewalling and end point network security
- Understanding of Internet proxy and load balancing technology
- Understanding of LAN/WAN/MAN Technologies
- Understanding of the Seven Layer OSI Model
- Understanding of I.P. Addressing and Subnet Masking
- Understanding of Routing and Switching Technologies
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Operating Systems
- Expert knowledge in Wireless Networking
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
COVID-19: This position requires that you have received a COVID-19 vaccination unless you have a valid religious, medical, or pregnancy-related accommodation.
This is a hybrid role which includes a blend of in-office and remote work as designated by the management team.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. MEDITECH will not sponsor applicants for work visas.