Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
The Lead Data Governance Analyst is a critical member of the Enterprise Data Governance Office (EDGO) responsible to operationalize the governance framework and supporting processes to effectively govern master and reference data across ADG. The responsibilities will include implementing relevant processes and ensuring all relevant governance forums and working groups are functioning efficiently. Defining and tracking Master Data/Critical Data components. A good understanding of business processes across Division operations, risk and data management is essential. This position requires a good understanding of enterprise data capabilities. Excellent communication skills are required to collaborate internally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Help lead and establish a controlled data management environment through planning, prioritization, stewardship, oversight, communication, training, and monitoring data quality by serving as a liaison between the strategic and day-to-day operational functions
- Lead cultural change for data management and governance functions by implementing enterprise strategies, policies, and standards within their assigned domains
- Communicate and measure compliance and enforce activities and behaviors to achieve adoption of the enterprise and line of business directions
- Support enterprise governance and stewardship by coordinating with Business Data Stewards within the associated business areas to achieve required governance coverage for domain data
- Ensure governance processes and responsibilities are upheld for metadata management, master and reference data management, data quality, as aligned between the business and IT
- Establish Data Glossary and Catalog for key business terms, definitions, business rules, quality requirements, critical data elements, and align consistently across the enterprise
- Build Data issues escalation process to vet, negotiate and remediate data issues and conflicts
- Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools, and useful applications across multiple functions or business units.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Computer Science or relevant field experience.
- 6 + years of relevant data management consulting or industry experience (Enterprise Data Architecture, Data Engineering (or ETL), Master Data Management, Data Catalogs and Lineage, Data Governance and Data Quality, Data Strategy) \
- Experience in managing structured and unstructured data at scale.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with Data Governance, Data Management software including MDM, data catalogue, data lineage tools (e.g.: Informatica, Talend, Reltio, IBM MDM, Tibco, Collibra, IBM Infosphere.
- Must adhere to the work schedule and attendance policy established by manager.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Must be able to cooperate and collaborate with co-workers.
- Must have strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing may be required.
- Use hands and fingers to press keys on a computer keyboard to enter or retrieve information.
- Use hands and fingers to press telephone keypad and lift telephone receiver.
- Must be able to comprehend phone calls.
- Must be able to lift 5 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remote working and remote options are available.
- Office setting with physical proximity to other employees is also intermittently required.
- Some background noise from other employees, copy machine, and telephone.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.