We offer excellent benefits, including free medical insurance and over six weeks paid time off!
Avesta Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing provider with 50 years of experience as a leader in affordable housing development, property management, and resident services. We have a mission to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Resident Service Coordinator (RSC) collaborates with the property management team to address resident concerns, ensure quality service and enhance the properties’ sense of safety and community, assisting residents and their communities with services, responsibilities, challenges, or difficulties by providing information and resources. This role will provide excellent customer service and a quality living environment to all residents, establishing positive and productive working relationships and adhering to the agency’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
Salary: $22-$24 an hour
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Avesta and regulatory agency policies, procedures, and regulations, including Fair Housing guidelines.
- Complete comprehensive move-in orientations within established timeframes.
- Conduct annual surveys to assess resident and community needs. Utilize the data collected to plan relevant programming and resources, as well as to measure the impact on the community.
- Coordinate programming to encourage a sense of community and address the residents’ needs (i.e. social, economic, health, educational) through:
- Notify residents of resources, events, etc. through available technology;
- Coordinating educational workshops;
- Establishing and engaging partnerships with community organizations to bring resources to the properties;
- Developing and managing of volunteer programs to enhance residency;
- Supporting resident leadership and empowerment through the development and management of Resident Councils in accordance with funding requirements;
- Maintaining a database of local community services and resources related to residency that can be utilized by residents when needed.
- Collaborate with property management staff to respond to resident issues, including complaints, conflicts, problems, and requests for assistance, making referrals to social service agencies as needed.
- Complete all required regulatory reporting in a timely manner, including maintenance of comprehensive resident notes and files.
- Collaborate with property management staff to address issues noted on surveys.
- Coordinate with residents regarding rent payments, providing resources or alternatives as appropriate and following up as necessary.
- Collaborate with property management team to assess safety, security risks, cleanliness, curb appeal, preventative maintenance, and capital needs.
- Assess residents annually to review needs, assets, and resources as necessary.
- Assist in the Reasonable Accommodation process.
- Maintain resident confidentiality.
- Attend training programs as appropriate.
- Maintain records, data, and information.
- Participate on committees and special projects as assigned.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the Avesta community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of social service agencies and experience working with social service agencies.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of affordable housing programs and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working directly with disadvantaged people.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Travel/reliable means of transportation required.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vested match, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned time. Excellent working environment.