Pacific BioLabs is an independent CRO offering cGMP/GLP testing services in toxicology, biocompatibility, pharmacology, analytical chemistry, and microbiology. Founded in 1982, PBL is beginning a new chapter, applying significant investment and energy towards modernizing workflows, upgrading facilities and most importantly, enhancing our employee experience. We are looking for talented, energetic scientists and professionals to share in our passion for our mission to enhance public health through the testing services we provide to our pharma, biotech and medical device clients. If you are up for a challenge, come join our team!
PBL has an immediate opening for a Shipping and Receiving Specialist. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist is an on-site position that primarily supports the testing departments with sample receipt, verification, discrepancy resolution, and initial project generation within PBL’s database.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist reports directly to the Manager of Client Services. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will also be expected to work closely with personnel from all testing and supporting departments.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE SHIPPING AND RECEIVING SPECIALIST INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensure accuracy of inbound sample shipments and storage by cross verification of sample submission documents and sample labels while adhering to PBL internal SOPs
- Ensure accuracy of all outbound shipments by collaborating with the testing department representatives for shipment packaging, labeling, and documentation review/preparation
- Ability to reconcile inbound and outbound shipment discrepancies through client or courier communication via phone and email, escalating issues internally through appropriate channels
- Perform data entry for all inbound samples received for testing
- Process Domestic and International Shipping via UPS, DHL, FedEx, and local carriers
- Work with carriers to resolve shipment delivery disruptions
- Daily clean up and organization of receiving room and receiving sample storage areas
- Maintaining and ordering shipping and receiving supplies
- Coordinating the release, return, and disposable of test samples (when applicable)
- Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule and overtime to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, follows instructions precisely, and maintains accurate records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Warehouse experience is an added bonus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- All activities will be performed in a cGMP and GLP environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work weekends, when needed
- Job requires mobile use of hands and arms
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight hours on a given day
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.