At Devon Bank, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community. We provide a welcoming and accepting culture that comes from our desire to make diversity, respect and service a priority.
In this role you will report directly to the CFO, while helping to manage the Accounts Payables area perform financial analysis, with some quarterly and annual reporting responsibilities. Your excellent communication and leadership skills, as well as your ability to make good decisions, will be called upon. Paying close attention to detail, combined with your ability to deliver results, will be invaluable as the key to your success in this position and in future opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the daily operations of transactional accounting to include accounts payable, financial reporting, and general ledger responsibilities
- Supervising processes for batch preparation of payment entry, entering data into financial information tracking system, and generating backup reports after data entry
- Preparing wires and assist in bank reconciliations
- Assisting in monthly closings including accruals and monthly reconciliations
- Developing and maintaining financial policies and procedures for the company including report analysis and distribution, financial planning, and fiscal management
- Assisting with income taxes and fixed assets
- Evaluating the accounts' payable organizational structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports for management
- Degree in Accounting (Preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience working for a bank (Preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Some experience with internal and external audits (Preferred)
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HRCommunications@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)- 465-2500.