To support the selling process by preparing 2020 cabinet layouts, create cabinet program and complete bid templates for pricing for the new home building industry. Create cabinet designs for function, aesthetics, and cost. Understand cabinet construction and installation requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Download architectural plans, specifications and bid submittal documents
- Utilize cabinet brand 2020 programs to create designs, renderings and cabinet programs. (this includes multiple layouts by plan)
- Identifying box count labor rates, material costs, and quantities by analyzing layouts to create correct proposals
- Complete bid submittal supporting documents for builder requirements when needed
- Create cabinet upgrade excel pricing template to be used by designers to merchandise cabinet offerings to new home buyers during design appointments
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing tasks as needed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Graduate
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Proficient with 2020 design software required
- A minimum of 2 years experience in cabinet design required
- Knowledge of cabinet installations required
- Proficient with PDF Adobe software
- Knowledge to create Microsoft Excel formulas and bid templates
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Critical Thinker – Problem Solver
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mostly casual office work environment, with a typical business schedule of Monday through Friday 7AM – 3:30PM.
- Remote working will be considered as well.
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.