The heart of Boston Ballet is the human experience. Through our living and breathing art, we forge human connections—between artist and attendee, teacher and trainee, friend and newcomer, one's outer and inner self. We believe that the community of employees that makes dance possible is better together when talented individuals with varied life experiences, identities, races, cultures and ideas are welcomed, encouraged, and heard.
The Design Associate is a full-time non-exempt position whose responsibilities will flex based on departmental needs but will include direct support for creative and communications working with the Marketing and Communications team. The Associate will be responsible for the creation of materials for marketing programs and projects, with specific art direction, with emphasis on philanthropy and Boston Ballet School. The Associate will demonstrate the highest standards of quality and efficiency while maintaining Boston Ballet’s brand. Please be sure to submit a cover letter and resume when applying to ensure consideration of your candidacy.
· Creates print collateral for Development, Boston Ballet School, and Education & Community Initiatives, including securing bids, checking printer proofs, confirming delivery dates, and working within budget and delivery guidelines. Materials may include brochures, posters, advertising, flyers, programs, and postcards.
· Assists Digital Design Manager with email and website graphics as needed
· Active contributor with the marketing team on creative for social media, website, and other digital content needs
· Responsible for Playbill inserts (including casting sheets) and other in-house projects (programs for in-studio events and Annual Meeting)
· Contributes to digital asset management and organization including tagging with meta data
· Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design
· 1-2 years internship or work experience in the design field, preferably as part of a marketing department
· Must have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) on a Mac platform. Should be familiar with designing for print as well as for web
· Must be comfortable taking direction with a strong collaborative and team spirit
· Flexible, positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple projects of varying natures simultaneously, while producing the highest standard of quality work within tight deadlines and fast-paced environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
· Practices proofreading with all work
· Boston Ballet offers flexible work options. Some evenings and weekends may be required
during performance weeks.
· Boston Ballet requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment unless the employee is entitled to a religious or medical exemption.