**This is a 100% remote position; however, the candidate must reside within the Charlotte, NC market.**
Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
What We Are Looking For
Our Assistant Controller will play a key role in this this journey, with the ideal candidate possessing the experience and savvy to help assist our Finance team through and beyond this exciting next chapter of our growth.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
· Experience with Sage Intacct is preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
· 5-7 years’ experience in accounting function
· Management experience
· Working knowledge of AP, AR, cash management, payroll and general ledger
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Advanced experience with Excel spreadsheets
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to exercise good judgment, work in a very stressful, fast paced, and ever-changing work environment
· Possess good customer service and organizational skills
· Thinks critically to solve problems quickly and effectively
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Maintains integrity and honesty, and a high level of intelligence in all day-to-day work activities
· Demonstrates efficiency, persistence, and a high level of attention to detail in all work-related tasks
· Exhibits an aggressiveness, is proactive, demonstrates analytical skills, and follows through on commitments, that will better the organization
What You’ll Be Doing
· Produce accurate and timely financial information for management in the most effective format.
· Coordinate with management to continually improve the quality and usefulness of financial reports.
· Ensure that all invoices are properly prepared and submitted to the customer as quickly as the contract documents allow.
· Ensure that outstanding invoices are aggressively and proactively pursued for timely payment and that management is notified of the steps taken to collect any late receivables.
· Verify all bills are properly authorized and all vendors are paid timely.
· Verify that all payroll and expense transactions are processed timely and accurately.
· Identify weaknesses and/or areas for improvement in any controls, systems, processes and procedures, and assist the Controller and other personnel in developing and implementing improvements in these areas.
· Proactively support the field organization and identify opportunities for process changes that will aid in the communication between the accounting and field organization and improve the effectiveness of both organizations.
· Perform end of month closing schedules, reconciliations, and analysis of all asset and liability accounts.
· Develop a high performing, and sufficiently trained and cross-trained, payroll, accounting, and billing organization that is capable of handling current and future workload
· Complete miscellaneous projects as needed including reports, analysis, and reconciliations
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is top priority to retain the best ‘A’ players in the game. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- UHC medical plans
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart