Dixie Carpets is looking for a motivated Marketing Assistant to join the Team!
*For consideration, please submit a short cover letter describing your interest in the position and explain why you believe you would excel in this role.
*Please also take care to submit an example of your work that exemplifies your skillsets and creativity (e.g., a PowerPoint presentation, Excel spreadsheet, written content, graphic design, etc.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with all marketing activities
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop online/multi-channel marketing plans and initiatives
- Create content for social media and magazines.
- Actively participate in marketing brainstorming sessions
- Report on the growth and analytics of social media content
- Order all necessary marketing materials and uniforms in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the marketing team to identify, coordinate, and assemble all requirements for attending tradeshows, conferences, events, and meetings.
- Develop assignments and schedules
- Coordinate mailing lists to establish contacts
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Graphic design preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience preferred
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Light room, and InDesign) social media management, Canva, Asana
- Knowledge of multiple social media outlets
- Strong knowledge of Digital Marketing, Events, and Design.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and oral)
- Team Oriented
- Self-Sufficient & proactive
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Creative and unique Problem Solving
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Occasional travel
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching