Event Marketing Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional to oversee planning and tasks related to the company’s involvement in conventions, trade shows, and other industry events. This would also include publicity events, partnering for company events, and other event-related marketing.
Your role works with the Vice President of Marketing and others in the company to support marketing initiatives, particularly with special events planning and coordination. The position also liaises with others outside of the company, such as creators, licensors, retailers, and librarians to fulfill requests as they relate to events and other job duties.
Key competencies for this role -
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with the marketing team as well as other teams and departments toward common goals.
- Integrity & Trust: Authentic, trusted, and takes responsibility.
- Dedication & Resiliency: Thrives in a high-energy, high-standards marketing environment.
- Creativity & Innovation: You are creative and contribute original ideas and insights.
- Drive for Results: Goal-setter, monitors performance, and modifies actions to generate successful event campaigns and drive customer, fan, retailer, and partner satisfaction.
- Action Oriented: Considers options, identifies priorities, generates solutions, acts with speed and precision.
As our Event Marketing Manager, your primary responsibilities would include:
- Manage the development of engaging convention presentations, taking into account marketing, sales, and editorial objectives and priorities.
- Plan an overall annual conventions and events calendar and strategy, working with the Vice President of Marketing.
- Plan, analyze, and maintain budgets for events and related materials, in collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing and others.
- Assist in the production and delivery of promotional materials for trade shows, conventions, other creator events with direct market retail partners, and more.
- Work with the marketing team, creators, retailers, librarians, and others to help develop and execute publicity events, launch events, and other creator promotional appearances throughout the year.
- Manage convention activities, including arranging booth staffing, helping with select meeting arrangements, and managing travel and lodging for staff attendees.
- Evaluate requests for donations, sponsorship, and/or promotional support from conventions, retailers, librarians, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Coordinate the production of conventions and other events across departments.
- Coordinate the appearance of talent at key events and support the participation of licensing and entertainment partners.
- Represent Dark Horse at conventions, trade shows, and other events as needed.
- Provide detailed reports and analyses of all events and campaigns.
- Work with the full marketing team to create and plan integrated marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in marketing and event planning.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive and work independently, as well as within a group.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills, highly organized, and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports.
- Must have a proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor in work-related settings.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- High level of knowledge of Office Suite programs, Google Suite.
- MAC OS experience is a plus.
- Overnight travel will be required and overtime as needed during events.
- Familiarity with comics, book publishing, and/or pop culture a plus.
If you feel this position would be a match for your skillset and interest, please apply here!