JOB TITLE: Tenant Support Staff
REPORTS TO: Housing Programs Manager
FSLA STATUS: Part Time or Relief, Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: 1440 Pine/Housing
LOCATION: Boulder, CO
ABOUT TGTHR At TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), we are building a movement that galvanizes communities, empowers young people, and puts an end to youth homelessness. We won’t stop until every young person is valued, empowered and safe. We provide a continuum of shelter and housing services for young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness and support youth in achieving housing stability, improving their physical and emotional well-being, pursuing education and employment goals, and building strong social networks. We partner with stakeholders to advocate for policies that will address and prevent youth homelessness across Colorado. Our work is grounded in a commitment to social justice, and we are dedicated to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, programs, and community. For more information, visit TGTHR.org.
The following values guide all of our efforts:
- We believe growth is rooted in relationships.
- We believe in wildly celebrating resilience.
- We believe there is strength in diversity.
- We believe in promoting youth voices.
- We believe that housing is a fundamental right.
ABOUT 1440 PINE 1440 Pine is a 40-unit supportive housing complex for young people between the ages of 18-24. While living here, residents are offered employment and education assistance, support and inclusivity groups, counseling services, life-skills development, mental and physical wellness support, housing navigation when they leave, and an array of individual and group activities.
SUMMARY OF POSITION TGTHR seeks a Tenant Support Staff for 1440 Pine, a 40-unit permanent supportive housing complex for 18-24 year-olds facing homelessness. This person will be responsible for staffing the front desk, managing secure access to the building, and assessing and intervening in crisis or safety incidents. Access to the apartment units will be staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week to monitor access by tenants, visitors, service providers, etc.
- Greet tenants and guests, manage sign-in, handle inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Maintain a safe and supportive environment for the residents and support them in emotional regulation.
- Enforce building policies and maintain boundaries in a consistent manner. Deny admission to individuals who may create unsafe or hostile conditions.
- Maintain an organized, clean front desk, based on company standards.
- Tasks related to the general upkeep of the office, including data entry.
- Complete required paperwork and communicate information with other staff.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Program Manager, Property Manager, Transition Specialists, and other TGTHR Program Staff.
- Model skills learned from these provided trainings: Positive Youth Development, Crisis De-escalation, Trauma Informed Care, and Housing First best practices.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, overnights, holidays, and short notice shifts. Must have reliable transportation.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Commitment to continued education of social justice, especially the intersection of youth homelessness and race, sexuality, gender, ability, and socioeconomics.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizing and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly shift between all facets of the job.
- Produce high quality, professional work.
- Willingness to grow, learn and empower others.
- Strong verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of individuals in the care of TGTHR.
- TGTHR's important work classifies our employees and program participants as high risk. Our staff's health, safety and ability to provide critical services remain our most important priorities. If you are hired, you will be required to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or are able to receive one within seven weeks of hire.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while also performing typing duties.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and other strenuous activities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
- Previous experience working with/knowledge of databases preferred.
- Nonprofit or related experience and a willingness to learn preferred.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Starting rate of $21.50 per hour
- $50 Bonus for Every Overnight Shift Worked
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident Insurance Options (Full Time only)
- TGTHR pays 85% of employee only premiums and 100% of life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 3% match
- Generous PTO, Sick Pay, 9 Paid Holidays (or time and a half pay when working)
- Parental and Bereavement leave
- Time off for Voting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Professional Development Stipend and 20+ hours of Paid Training
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Staff Appreciation Events
- TGTHR is pleased to provide professional growth opportunities for full time employees pursuing their LPC or MFT licensure. In exchange for providing counseling services in programs, employees will receive on sight individual and group supervision at no cost to the employee.
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. All interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, visit our website here.