WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS!
$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Physician Assistant delivers quality primary medical care in an efficient manner with emphasis on health promotion/disease prevention, collaborates with the clinical team of providers and allied health professionals and participates in the development of new programs, review of existing programs, and quality improvement activities.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Provide primary medical care to patients, including collecting and recording patient information in the EMR in a thorough and timely manner; prescribing or administering treatment; ordering, performing, and interpreting tests and analyzing records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' conditions; monitoring patients' conditions and progress and reevaluating treatments as necessary; explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients; advising patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention; referring patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary; and participating in hospital admission and follow-up of patients, making arrangement for services as needed
- Coordinate work with other members of the care team, including nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers
- Provide emergency medical treatment to WFH patients as needed, and provide emergency medical treatment as requested or appropriate to non-WFH patients who are at or near a location where the physician is present for the purpose of providing services to WFH patients
- Participate in activities to increase appropriate utilization of available services by patients of Westside Family Healthcare, Inc.
- Participate in staff education and professional development activities, including continuing education credit requirements to maintain licensure and Basic Life Support certification
- 10. Participate in WFH performance improvement programs and in community education and outreach programs offered by Westside
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
Licensure to practice in Delaware
Basic Life Support certification