**This is a 100% remote position; however, the candidate must reside within the Charlotte, NC market.**
Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
What We Are Looking For
Our Controller will play a key role in this this journey, with the ideal candidate possessing the experience and savvy to help lead our Finance team through and beyond this exciting next chapter of our growth. The Controller will simultaneously ensure that reporting, disbursements, and receivables are executed soundly today while performing projections and innovating new systems that anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
The bottom line is that this is a role for someone who views their accomplished career in Finance as just the beginning of their next adventure. And if it sounds like the right opportunity for you, please read on.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Experience with Sage Intacct a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- 7-10 years’ experience in accounting function
- Hands on knowledge of AP, AR, cash management, payroll, and general ledger
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, work in a very stressful, fast paced, and ever-changing work environment
- Possess good customer service and organizational skills
- Thinks critically to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Maintains integrity and honesty, and a high level of intelligence in all day-to-day work activities
- Demonstrate efficiency, persistence, and a high level of attention to detail in all work-related tasks
What You’ll Be Doing
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and quarterly financial review packages.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, and payroll.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts, etc.
- Prepare monthly forecast including backlog and projections
- Record and manage company assets
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems and processes that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the organization.
- Manage treasury and cash management functions.
- Organize and secure company files, documents, and other information.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is top priority to retain the best ‘A’ players in the game. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plans
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- Pet Insurance discount
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.