Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With talented, hardworking, and friendly staff, we work toward the common goal of serving residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are adding talented people in all of our locations!
Applicants must include a Cover Letter, CV, and 2-3 letters of recommendation.
The Physician Assistant (PA) will be an integral part of the team by providing care to patients in the outpatient and inpatient settings as well as coordinating all administrative and clinical aspects of research projects for his/her supervising physician. This PA will be responsible for working closely with the orthopaedic surgeon and other members of the team to provide coordinated care for patients with shoulder disorders and sports medicine injuries, and complete all protocols per research project guidelines. This provider must relate well to patients and other team members, be a strong communicator, and possess a strong work ethic.
- Portrays a professional image and is a positive representation of the surgeon and company.
- See clinic patients and follow up on the numerous details associated with a clinical practice.
- Perform routine examinations and pre-operative history and physical exams, communicating with patients regarding questions, test results, MRI results, surgery, and post-operative follow-up, etc.
- Dictate clinic notes, H&P and discharge summaries, review pre-operative studies to include CXRs, EKGs, and routine lab tests.
- First assist the surgeon in the operating room and complete required computer order entry.
- Perform rounds on hospital inpatients, chart their progress & report any abnormalities to supervising physician.
- Know at all times the status of key acute patients, including lab work, discharge status, etc.
- Seek additional knowledge of procedures by continuing to read and study the latest journals, books and published papers, attend national association meetings.
- Triage patient calls and take appropriate action, or refer to appropriate physician or office staff.
- Timely document patient information and care provided in patient records while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Deliver quality care while maintaining all company metrics pertaining to productivity.
- Serve as a resource and educator for patients by providing ongoing care information, counseling and guidance.
- Comply with and uphold all legal and professional requirements by maintaining all applicable licensure, studying existing/new legislation, anticipating future changes, and advising management of any needed actions.
- Potential research component (if applicable): Accurately and thoroughly compete all protocols in accordance to the research project guidelines. Obtain consent from patients who enter into research; collect and enter data into the appropriate database; maintain all hard and electronic documents associated with the research project. Follow up with patients as directed as part of the research project initiative.
- Adhere to all OCR and departmental policies and procedures. Follow infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality/HIPAA policies. Maintain confidentiality in matters regarding the clinic, its patients, and employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Current BLS or ACLS certification
- BA/BS, MS preferred
- Graduate of AMA accredited physician assistant program and certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, licensed in the State of Colorado
- Excellent organization/multi-tasking skills and acute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative to provide the best, most efficient care possible.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of the specialized practice demanding the very highest level of care possible.
- Ability and desire to continue to learn and to be seen as an expert over time.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient or able to quickly learn the organizations’ various electronic health records. Competency using EPIC and Cerner is considered an asset.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of acceptable standards of practice.
- The capacity to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness and proactivity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical guidelines include the ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours/day, bend, stoop, twist, assist patients in turning, assist patients in arising from an exam table, push wheelchair patients, assist or perform fracture reduction and in surgery, and assist patient in rising from and returning to wheelchair.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.