Trellance is a leading provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, helping them meet the financial needs of today’s digital consumer. With a comprehensive suite of data science solutions, professional staffing, and professional services, the Trellance team ensures credit unions increase efficiency, manage risk, and improve member experience. As credit unions’ tech partner, Trellance brings them to the next frontiers of fintech, filled with powerful tools such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Responsible for establishing the vision and strategy for data analytics product quality assurance at Trellance, as well as for leading the QA community day-to-day operations in building and supporting the automated testing platform.
· Responsible for defining and communicating the overall test platform strategy to all levels of stakeholders in the organization.
· Lead the software quality assurance community within an agile product development framework.
· Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives.
· Establish best practices to assure sufficient manual and automated test coverage.
· Guiding the QA team to build test platform, automation workflows, and CICD release pipelines.
· Representing QA group as a subject matter expert in gathering business requirements, creating data transformation specifications, defining acceptance criteria, and identifying useful test data sets.
· Working closely with Product owner, Scrum Master, and Business Data Analysts to ensure a set of complete and measurable acceptance criteria are clearly captured in each JIRA story.
· Provide guidance in generating additional scenario-based synthetic test data as required by the acceptance criteria and test cases.
· Manage the test data security regulatory compliance and properly sharing of the test data across the organizations.
· Provide guidance in defect identification, classification, root cause analysis, and resolution tracking.
· Motivate all team members to deliver high quality projects within time and budget.
· Responsible for the career development and mentorship of the QA team members.
· Coaching, mentoring, and providing performance feedback to the QA community members.
· Fostering and promoting the values of collaboration, ownership, accountability, community, transparency, creativity, and critical thinking.
· Responsible for identifying staffing/hiring needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent disciplines. Master’s degree is preferred.
• 10+ years of experience and 5+ years in project management. PMP from PMI is preferred.
• Prior experience in Test Automation design and implementation is preferred.
Company / Industry Knowledge:
• Knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related.
• Knowledge of PCI-DSS regulatory guidelines.
· 10+ years working knowledge building automation frameworks with deep knowledge of automation best practices.
· 5+ years proven experience transforming manual testing teams to high efficiency, automation centric SQA teams.
· Working knowledge of performance testing and benchmarking.
· Working knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
· Experience with Agile/Scrum. Experience using various tools and technologies such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, GitHub, and other team/SQA management tools.
· Extensive knowledge in leading testing methodologies and aware of when and where to rely on them.
· Expert in building and managing test cases – technically able to understand complex systems and knows how to develop tests for them.
· Experience in using SQL queries to research and identify test data sets.
· Working knowledge in generating scenario-based synthetic test data as required by the test cases.
· Exposure to Microsoft Azure, or other cloud platforms.