WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR HEALTH EDUCATORS!
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Health Educator (“Health Educator”) is a certified medical assistant who provides targeted health education including teaching patients about behaviors that promote wellness (diabetes education, smoking cessation, HWHB, care gaps, remote patient monitoring tools, etc.) and assists with vaccine education and administration. The Health Educator is also responsible for patient outreach and care coordination activities, including MA visits and prior authorizations. The Health Educator will use appropriate strategies and methods to facilitate health promotion and disease prevention, collaborates with other members of the care team, and must have a thorough understanding of the diverse populations we serve.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Complete ongoing training provided by Westside Family Healthcare to support development as a health educator, including training in clinical topics, motivational interviewing, and self-management instruction
- Function as part of the vaccine team deployed to facilitate patient vaccine clinics. This includes providing necessary screening and education, as well as vaccine administration.
- Complete MA visits per assigned schedules including visits for patient education/teaching, vaccines or other identified MA visit type.
- Complete pre-visit preparation including outreach to patients regarding labs needed, care gaps, appointments due or normal results. Other panel management tasks as necessary and as delegated by nursing.
- Accurately submit medication prior authorization and durable medical equipment (DME) requests in a timely manner per established workflow, including all pertinent or required supporting information.
- Provide excellent customer service to patient, care team, pharmacies and insurance companies. Real time documentation in EMR serves as communication to other team members regarding prior authorization status, all interactions and prior authorization coordination efforts/tasks must be documented in electronic medical record, per protocol
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a medical assistant training program at an accredited institution
- Current Medical Assistant certification from AAMA, AMT, NAHP, NCCT, NCMA or NHCA
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification
- At least three years of employment as a medical assistant, preferably in an ambulatory care setting
- At least three years of experience using Microsoft Office software and electronic medical record software
- Availability to work occasional evenings until 9 p.m. and occasional Saturday mornings
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel independently between site