The Newport Beach Family Development Center is a one-of-a-kind therapeutic family treatment center that adopts a concierge approach to meet our clients’ individual needs. The Center is the leading provider of counseling services in California. When clients enter our space, they do not feel the stigma of a doctors office, rather, they experience an extension of home. Our approach to therapy is family systems, strength-based, solution-focused, out-of-the-box, committed and creative!
A Licensed therapist (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC) at Newport Beach Family Development Center is creative, dedicated, and passionate about instilling in others the ability to see the strength and resiliency within themselves and others around them. Every therapist on our team is responsible for meeting clients where they’re at and providing the highest quality of care to adults, children, couples, and families.
Required Education and Certifications:
- Master’s Degree
- Valid license number with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, or vocational development and adjustment.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, or reference materials.
- Consult with or provide consultation to other doctors, therapists, or clinicians regarding patient care.
- Evaluate effectiveness of counseling or treatments and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, modifying plans or diagnoses as necessary.
- Refer clients to other specialists, institutions, or support services as necessary.
- Attend school meetings, or other meetings out of the office as deemed necessary for treatment.
- Keep accurate documentation of patient information including intake documents, session notes, progress notes, recommendations, and treatment plans. With completion of this documentation taking place no more than 48 hours after the service has been completed.
- Provide up to 4 hours of pro bono services to clients and/or community each month.
- Provide and participate in team consultation on a weekly basis.
- Consult with and provide support to clients and their families outside of regularly scheduled sessions by use of work email, and phone call or text via work cell phone provided by company.
- Learn, adopt, and apply Mazzola Methods to all forms of treatment.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation (data, HIPAA, consent) has been collected from new clients prior to session start.
- Perform 10-15 minute client introductory phone calls 1-3 days prior to seeing new clients as needed.
- Opening and closing of office as needed.
- Other duties may be also be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in clinical skills in evaluation, crisis intervention, and case management.
- Proven ability to interact with diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Open to learning from peers and continuing education while expanding experience and expertise with various roles and populations.
- Must be computer literate and able to type clinical notes and reports in word processing format.
- Frequently sit and perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, and write by hand.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully; sort/file paperwork or parts, scrub/sweep/mop/chop/mix, operate foot and/or hand controls, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Newport Beach Family Development Center will provide reasonable accommodations to any employee with a disability who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Job requires availability Monday-Friday 10a-7p in the office.
- Maintain a caseload of 25 clients minimum on a weekly basis; booking 27-28 client hours.
- See a caseload of clients of all ages (2 years to 100 years old) with various presenting problems.
- Clinician will have a hybrid caseload, seeing clients both in person and virtually.
- Interpersonal skills:
- Demonstrates ability to work well with Newport Beach Family Development Center colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote culture of safety:
- Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors.