Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
What We Are Looking For
Essentia is seeking an experienced Director with extensive knowledge of the design and deployment of fiber optic networks. This role be responsible for managing multiple engineering projects for a variety of customers throughout the United States. In addition, this role will be responsible for preparing quotes and RFP responses.
The Successful Candidate Will Have…
- 3+ years of experience as a Director of a fiber engineering organization, with technical expertise in Fiber-to-the-Home network design.
- Knowledge of relevant industry pricing and experience preparing quotes and RFP responses for a wide variety of engineering projects.
- Experience with Comcast and/or Charter systems, processes, and standards is a plus.
- Experience with P&L responsibility for multiple engineering projects simultaneously with responsibility for all aspects of the project from award to closeout.
- Experience establishing and managing offshore resources is a plus.
- Experience with GIS-based mapping systems, including ESRI and Google Earth.
- Advanced knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math).
- Experience establishing and tracking KPIs for managing department productivity.
- Experience with building a high performing engineering team
- Strong experience managing a P&L
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing multiple complex projects for a variety of customers throughout the United States.
- Preparing estimates and RFP responses for a variety of engineering projects
- Managing the internal resources and external vendors necessary for cost effective and timely completion of all projects
- Ensuring that all projects are completed according to the contract documents within budget and on schedule.
- Leading internal and external deployment meetings, identify project roadblocks, and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion
- Meeting deadlines, tracking activities, and managing time in accordance with priorities.
- Manage the engineering process from project award through permit closeout and as-built submittal.
- Effectively communicate any obstacles that may impact budget or schedule to senior management and customers
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is top priority to retain the best ‘A’ players in the game. That’s why Essentia offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plans
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- Pet Insurance discount
- 8 paid holidays and 15 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart