Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- At least 5 years FTTH experience.
- At least 2 years AutoCAD experience in the telecommunications, including aerial and underground fiber optic networks
- GIS material setup, some programming, extensive knowledge of ARC GIS
- Ability to train on GIS
- Ability to train on fiber counts and layout
- A thorough understanding of fiber design standards for underground and aerial construction
- A thorough understanding of public right-of-way, private easements, existing utilities such as water, sewer, gas, electric, communication, and other underground and aerial utilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), and Google Earth as well as editing in ArcGIS tools
- Able to perform work and duties independently as well as in a team environment
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) and customer service skills
- Detail orientation and organization skills
- Basic mathematical skills, e.g. averages, percentages
- Must be able to sit long periods of time behind computer
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to travel to complete field visits and/or meetings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner
What You’ll Be Doing
- Perform site visits to collect the necessary field information to facilitate the design of new network cables, utility poles, hand holes, terminal cabinets, etc., or to rearrange or modify the existing network
- Create design drawings and splice schematics in AutoCAD for aerial and underground fiber optic projects on deadline and at a high level of quality
- Research and obtain standards/codes required by clients and Jurisdictions and ensure drawings comply
- Review drawings for completeness, accuracy and quality
- Research and obtain local land base & existing utility as-built shapefiles for import
- Learn and apply standards of drafting and engineering practices
- Develop templates used to create drawing packages
- Identify and troubleshoot problems whenever needed to move projects forward
- Organize/maintain all revisions of project drawings and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner
- Create permit drawings, utility schematics and as-built drawings
- Prepare and submit permit packages, including encroachment and specialty permits (city, county, state, local municipalities, CSX, NSRR, etc.)
- Input as-built information into client specific records/mapping systems
- Generate a Bill of Materials (BOM) from a design
- Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular update of such to the Engineering Manager
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is top priority to retain the best ‘A’ players in the game. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plans
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart