The Carousel Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the Carousel ensuring efficient operations while promoting a positive guest experience. Performs general bookkeeping activities related to Carousel operations, supervises and schedules seasonal Carousel staff, and oversees the safety and cleanliness for the site. This is a 9 month seasonal position spanning from March to the beginning of December.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY JOB OUTCOMES
- Manage day-to-day operations and events at Carousel ensuring efficient operations and a positive guest experience
- Supervise Carousel Operators, Cashiers, and Carousel Event Space Hosts
- Ensure a high standard of Customer Service is sustained by properly training staff on Customer Service and Carousel Operations, monitoring them daily to maintain a smooth, efficient, and positive experience
- Prepare accurate end-of-day deposits and cash-count forms for every day of Carousel operations; report discrepancies to Director and prepares registers for opening
- Monitor inventory at Carousel and order food, beverages, merchandise, and supplies as needed, ensuring adequate quantities on hand based on projected sales
- Schedule staff to ensure proper coverage
- Manage cleaning, maintenance, and sanitation procedures at Carousel, adhering to rules as set by Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, NYC Parks, and the Alliance
- Ensure that the Carousel is being operated safely and that customers and staff are all adhering to the rules
Performs other job-related duties and functions as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent years professional experience
- A minimum of one to three (1 to 3) years' management experience in retail sales, or hospitality industry a plus
- Experience operating amusement rides and/or other heavy equipment is a plus
- Experience preparing deposits
- Experience with maintenance and painting are a plus
- A valid NYS Driver’s License is required
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes)
- Passion for the Alliance Mission & Core Values: A passion for public parks and environmental conservation combined with a commitment to treating others with respect, appreciating individual differences and embracing the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ethics & Integrity: Earns the trust and respect of others through a consistent commitment to integrity, honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Customer Service: Exhibits a strong commitment to delivering excellent and responsive service to customers.
- Relationship Building: A natural relationship builder, highly interpersonal with the capacity to think strategically and build constructive and positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Staff Management & Coaching: Inspires confidence and motivates team members. Enables staff to grow and be successful in achieving goals through meaningful feedback, instruction, encouragement, support and professional development.
- Results & Impact Focus: Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and highly motivated to consistently produce high quality work and achieve desired outcomes and results.
- Organization & Accountability: Meticulously well-organized with diligent attention to detail, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and takes pride in consistently producing accurate, timely and quality work with minimal supervision.
- Communication Skills: Ability to convey concepts in writing or verbally and make presentations in a clear, culturally competent and understandable manner. Demonstrates effective listening skills and openness to other people’s ideas and suggestions.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Committed to working in collaboration with others, promoting cooperation and commitment to others and being a positive team contributor.
- Self-Management & Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment
- Technology: Proficient with automated technologies that support area of responsibility including Square and other Point of Sale systems, G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is typically performed in the field and involves some exposure to moderate risk of accident/injury and requires following basic safety precautions.
- Requires operating a motor vehicle; operating equipment where carelessness could result in injury; standing for extended periods of time; stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting, pushing, pulling and/or crawling and use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Requires moderate physical exertion (consistent need to lift, push, pull, carry, etc. up to 50 lbs.). May require special safety precautions, such as working around moving parts, machines or with irritant chemicals, and may require use of protective clothing or gear
- Requires communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading correspondence, instructions and/or technical documents; writing correspondence and/or reports and filling in forms
- Pro-Rata Salary Range: $39,319 - 43,810 annual gross earnings (based on 9 month working schedule)
- Pay is based on a number of factors including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
Diversity Makes Us Stronger Together: Prospect Park Alliance serves park users of all socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and strives to reflect this diversity throughout our operations and in our leadership, staff, stakeholders and supporters. We know that by creating an equitable and inclusive workplace built on mutual respect and the appreciation of difference, our employees will feel safe to express themselves, voice their opinions and work together to find common ground and solutions. Integral to this vision is our longstanding commitment to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.