PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Naperville, Chicago, and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds, while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas. Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 127th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
PKF Mueller is currently hiring for a Training and Development Specialist. The position will act as a learning liaison within PKF Mueller and will oversee all training and development initiatives for the firm, including implementation of the organization's learning design, vision, and strategy.
- Provides company-wide support and consultation services on all matters related to learning, education and development initiatives
- Designs, prioritizes, delivers and maintains a consistent stream of learning, education and leadership development curriculums based on the firm’s mission, short and long-term strategy and vision, public accounting needs and industry trends
- Will work on continuous development and implementation of a strategic approach to leadership learning and people development programs firmwide, in accordance to the firm’s requisite and desired standards
- Provides key accountability and performance metrics to key leadership and stakeholder decision makers
- Initial priority and focus on the firm’s ongoing development and implementation of the Director and Partner leadership programs, which includes executive coaching, psychometric assessments and action-based learning aligned with firm strategy
- Partners, builds, maintains and works closely with key relationships across the firm to understand specific departmental requirements to provide tailored and cost-effective learning and development solutions
- Partners closely as part of a centralized team with department training champions for consistency, effectiveness and efficiency of programs, while maximizing and maintaining budgets
- Implements traditional and modern training methods by embracing digital technologies and innovative learning strategies in delivering various programs
- Creates training guides, course materials/workshops, training resources, including the use of other recommended providers
- Tracks training trends and implements revisions to improve learning strategy
- Assesses ongoing training needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with leadership, instructors and key staff
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Training and Development, Education, Accounting or other related field required
- Minimum of 4 years delivering or developing technical training material for instructor led or online education sessions
- Has a leadership focused mindset, soft skills training experience, can quickly build trust and strong connections/relationships, and great interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills and an engaging communication style
- Experience coordinating large scale training initiatives and learning projects
- Proficiency in Office 365 Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as LMS and other training-related software
- General understanding of the Accounting industry preferred, but not required
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm – the Heart of Our Culture. Trust, Integrity among others
- Valid Driver’s License
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.