Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We are seeking an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by supporting our strategic engagement efforts.
While fostering our team culture in line with The Association’s Team Expectations, the ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates skill in and devotion to:
(i) developing and cultivating trusted, long-term relationships;
(ii) serving as a professional ambassador for The Association and Texas A&M;
(iii) traveling occasionally to engage with and support A&M Clubs; and
(iv) exhibiting a high level of organization to effectively manage multiple efforts at a time.
The Club Programs Assistant will be responsible for assisting with much of the administrative work for the Club Programs department, including, but not limited to, maintaining complete and accurate records for: 1) all chartered A&M Clubs, 2) A&M Club charter/annual re-charter paperwork, 3) required annual Club President, Area Representative and National Representative trainings, 4) travel logs, and 5) A&M Club visits. This individual will be responsible for most all Club-related communications and will maintain a comprehensive calendar for all A&M Club meetings, events and fundraisers to be posted on AggieNetwork.com. Under the leadership of the Vice President of Administration, Director of Former Student Programs, and Manager of Club Programs, this individual will help develop and execute innovative and strategic initiatives to increase engagement within the Clubs, with each having its own identity. While needing the self-motivation and persistence to effectively contribute as an individual, the Club Programs Assistant will play a key role in collaborating with the entire Former Student Programs Team to achieve The Association of Former Students’ overall goals, mission, and vision.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Essential Functions: Assists, promotes and maintains regular communications to former students through various A&M Club and Association Programs to extend the reach and impact of the Aggie Network.
- Builds relationships with Aggies through occasional travel to A&M Clubs.
- Assists with managing a comprehensive calendar for all A&M Club meetings, fundraisers and events to be promoted on AggieNetwork.com.
- Assists with the chartering and annual re-chartering process for all A&M Clubs, keeping track of all paperwork to ensure Club Presidents meet stated expectations.
- Communicates news of relevant Association events to respective A&M Clubs.
- Monitors and responds to Clubs@AggieNetwork.com emails on a daily basis.
- Manages A&M Club communications, Club President’s newsletters/communications and Gold Club newsletters through Emma/Salesforce.
- Maintains detailed Club Programs reporting to include, but not limited to: volunteer training progress, Club classifications, travel logs and Club visits.
- Submits Club-related news to Communications team for consideration in Texas Aggie, AggieNews and on The Association’s social media accounts.
- Engages with, monitors and maintains A&M Club social media pages.
- Updates the status of all A&M Club and Club leadership changes in The Association’s database.
- Creates and sends all Muster-related communications, both print and electronic, as appropriate with oversight from the Manager of Club Programs.
- Assists as needed in monitoring the Muster@AggieNetwork.com email inbox and responding as appropriate.
Contributes to Former Student Programs events and activities, which includes:
- Provides on-site support for Former Student Programs meetings and events, to include but not limited to: All-Aggie Tailgates and away game Yell Practices, Coach’s Nights, President’s Nights, Class Reunions, Constituent Network activities, Young Alumni events and meetings and Traveling Aggies Reunion.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which includes:
- Contributing to efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Received: Manager of Club Programs.
Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Required: 1-2 years of professional administrative experience.
Preferred: 3-4 years of professional administrative experience.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Ability to move and carry objects up to 75 pounds. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive on business trips. Must be able to travel occasionally, working irregular and extended hours, including nights and weekends as well as some holidays as needed. Ability to stand/move around quickly for long periods of time when needed at events.
Required: Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills. Extremely detail oriented. Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with exceptional proofreading skills. Ability to work independently as well as with a high-functioning team in an ever-changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines. Effective time management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects; flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing situations and problem solving with a positive attitude. Ability to develop long-lasting and professional relationships and interact with former students of all generations. Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Advanced software skills, including MS Word, Excel and Google Suite to perform administrative duties as required in maintaining communications, databases and spreadsheets.
Required: Professional attire and behavior. Outgoing personality with a positive and friendly attitude.
Preferred: Experience with and working knowledge of hauling a cargo trailer.