Our HR Team of four professionals is expanding to meet the needs of our growing organization of more than 325 staff. We’re seeking an enthusiastic, organized, dependable, and service-oriented team player for this role that will offer exposure to every facet of Human Resources.
If you’re in an HR specialty and would like to support and learn about other HR functions to broaden your knowledge and advance your HR career, this could be the right fit for you.
Please read on…
Some of what you will do
- Payroll is a critical HR service, and you will share in bi-weekly payroll preparation using Paylocity, our time-keeping and payroll system.
- You’ll help keep the HR system updated and you’ll develop and generate reports.
- You’ll learn about company policies, benefits, and practices and respond to emails, chats, and calls from managers, supervisors, and staff about all things HR.
- You'll schedule interviews and assessments and assist with onboarding new staff.
When and where you will work
Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pm. After training, you’ll be able to work both in the office and from home.
Why you should work here
- Recognition of the value and contributions of each and every team member.
- Competitive pay plus exceptional benefits.
- Opportunity to learn from and work with a dedicated, experienced HR team.
- Supportive, ethnically and culturally diverse and inclusive company culture.
- Employment at UWC counts toward Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
They Pay & Benefits
- $21.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Additional $0.75 per worked hour for certified Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking staff ($1.50 per hour worked for both languages) after 90 days on the job
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year
Who You Are – Requirements
- You have at least Associate’s degree in human resources, communication, multi-cultural studies, or related humanities field plus a minimum of three years’ experience in Human Resources.
- You have a general knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
- You’re a skilled user of Microsoft Office applications; additional experience with HR-related platforms (training, benefits, recruitment) is a plus.
- You're able to juggle and keep track of many responsibilities in various HR specialties.
- You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- You can carry out responsibilities independently, yet coordinate and collaborate as needed with other HR staff.
- You’re able to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS December 16, 2022
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We unequivocally denounce racism and ethnic discrimination in all forms, and we remain committed to building a future of greater opportunity and true equity for all people living in our communities. We act by tackling the structural barriers to equity from past and present systemic racism that have impeded the health, safety and wellbeing of traditionally marginalized people.