At New Classrooms we redefine possible. We work to change the status quo in order to help thousands of students achieve a brighter, more equitable future. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Marketing Manager (aka Customer Champion and Product Evangelist) who has a passion for using the power of marketing to create innovative campaigns that deepen connections with our existing customers and help us to acquire new ones. If you’re a creative thinker and doer with a growth mindset and experience with data-informed digital marketing strategy and execution, we want to hear from you. We’re a lean team, so we’re looking for a marketer who is flexible and versatile with a high EQ to make an impact across marketing and communications. Your primary focus will be on marketing our flagship Teach to One solutions. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communication with the possible opportunity to manage a marketing coordinator in the near future.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute impactful brand awareness, lead acquisition, and customer loyalty campaigns across channels (paid and owned, digital and non-digital)
- Use a customer-first mindset to identify the right audiences, messages, tactics, and channels that lead to successful conversions
- Work cross-functionally with the product and sales team to identify the right key messages and marketing assets needed in alignment with our goals across all channels
- Develop a deep expertise in our product offerings and how they work to advance our mission
- Understand and evangelize for our brand both internally, with stakeholders throughout the organization, and externally, with our customers and potential customers
- Keep a pulse on consumer trends, competitor offerings, and the educational and direct-to-family market landscape
- Capture customer and audience insights to support more effective campaigns, influence product development, and drive deeper customer activation and engagement overall
- Measure and report on marketing performance on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis
- Serve as interim outbound sales campaign coordinator until this role grows into its own full-time position. Responsibilities include:
- mining the CRM and other databases for prospect lists,
- offer formulation,
- production of creative collateral,
- training the sales team on new campaigns,
- campaign execution (including daily responsibilities to ensure optimal sales team queues),
- performance tracking and reporting (including daily progress meetings with sales), and
- A/B testing to optimize return on spend.
If you’re perfect for this role, you have:
- Experience creating integrated, cross-channel digital campaigns
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field of study or equivalent professional experience
- 3–5 years of digital marketing experience
- Proficiency with the paid advertising platforms of Google and Facebook
- Proficiency in Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, WordPress, SalesForce, Pardot, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Exceptional candidates will also have:
- Experience working in a non-profit context
- Experience marketing to educators or families
- Skills related to the creation and development of video or animated content
- Expertise using Google Ad Grant accounts
- Ability to write compelling content for multiple audiences and in multiple formats (email, social, web, webinar, etc.)
And your friends and colleagues describe you as:
- Able to change quickly and thoughtfully
- A born problem solver
Role Classification, Benefits & Location
This role is full-time, with a salary range of $55,000 - $78,000, and includes benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance, 42 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, an annual professional development budget and a quarterly cell phone and Internet subsidy. This is a fully remote position as a member of a fully remote marketing and communications team.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.