The role of Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work. The responsibilities of this role include data processing, keeping well organized records, answering telephones, greeting customers, and providing superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer central telephone system and direct calls accordingly.
- Assist with ongoing projects, as needed.
- Greet customers in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Maintain office appearance and assist with administrative tasks.
- Receive the public and answer questions in person and by telephone.
- Respond to inquiries from employees, customers, and others; refer to the appropriate person or department, as needed.
- Operate standard office equipment – e.g., computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Prepare outgoing mail; sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Duplicate and distribute materials.
- Compose, type, and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda and other materials.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma, or GED required
- Two years of related experience preferred
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- High regard for ethical conduct & professionalism
- Flexible to changes in a dynamic work environment
- Self-Sufficient; High Initiative
- Excellent Time Management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.