Overview: The Human Resources Director supports the mission of CCHC by developing, planning, and implementing Human Resource strategies, objectives, and plans for the facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Director will be responsible for the operations of human resources, payroll, and benefits in compliance with federal and state laws.
1. Provide services related to all talent management areas. Hiring, performance management and training, retention, and separation.
a) Post job openings, interview, conduct reference checks and criminal background checks and DMVs when required.
b) Provide hiring recommendations and extend offers.
c) Conduct new employee orientation.
2. Maintain employee personnel and medical files.
3. Manage job description process and update as necessary.
4. Administer annual personnel review process.
5. Create, adjust and maintain wage scale.
6. Conduct and record annual harassment and discrimination training.
7. Handle unemployment claims.
8. Handle workers compensation claims.
9. Support supervisors during counseling and corrective actions.
10. Lead in handling employee complaints and investigations.
11. Oversee payroll and human resource functions such as developing and implementing employee policies, new hire paperwork, and employee handbook.
12. Effectively interact with leadership team and staff while maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
13. Administer benefit program.
14. Communicate employee benefit program and handle employee enrollment.
15. Oversee annual Affordable Care Act filing.
16. Point of contact with employees regarding the benefit package.
· Working knowledge of human resources information system.
· Knowledge of health care and other finance-based benefits.
· Working knowledge of payroll procedures.
· This position requires a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
· Ability to read, analyze, and complete documentation required by government agencies and communicate through speaking, listening, and writing effectively in English.
· Proficient in all aspects of human resource management.
· Demonstrated competency using computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel as well as ability to learn and use new systems as needed.
· Self-motivation and the ability to work independently including prioritizing job duties.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to relate and communicate with employees and applicants.
· Regular attendance, reliability, and punctuality.
· Sensitivity and effectiveness when dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs.
Center City Housing Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.