Position: Finance & Administration Assistant
Department: HR & Admin
Report to: CFO
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
WAEPA’s success relies on our people, productivity, and procedures. This position will take the lead in general office operations and purchasing functions, including vendor management. This position will support human resources, and facilities management and work with other departments on various projects. This position will provide clerical and administrative support to the Finance & Administration department (Finance, Accounting, HR and Administration). The ideal candidate is a flexible problem solver with superb verbal communication and writing skills. S/he should have prior experience in an administrative capacity in an office environment.
Key Performance Indicators
Average turnover time for each project
Time to provide feedback/updates
Employee satisfaction rating
- Innovation: Question how things have been done in the past and try to develop new ways to address business issues or problems. Forward-thinking.
- Decisive Judgment: Makes sound and timely decisions with conviction. Assumes responsibility for the outcomes of their decisions.
- Adapting to Change: Flexible to changing circumstances. Open to change and different ways of doing things and doesn’t over-rely on old methods and processes.
- Planning & Organizing: Efficiently manages their time and the time of others. Manages multiple demands and competing deadlines. Effectively plans the timelines and actions
- of projects.
- Delivering Results: Assumes personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and works effectively with little direction. Dependable and responsible.
- Continuous Improvement: Applies discipline and detail orientation to their own work activities and constantly looks for ways to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
- Customer Service: Recognizes customer needs. Consistently seeks to do more than what is required to satisfy internal/external customers.
- Integrity: Conscientiously and reliably behaves ethically and honestly in all
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Builds and maintains cooperative work relationships with others. Completes tasks for group projects in a timely and responsible manner.
- Interpersonal Communication: Listens effectively and develops a rapport with others. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly. Effectively share information with others.
- Office Operations – Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies. Identify opportunities for operational growth and increased efficiencies.
- Vendor Management – Maintain relationships with vendors and service providers and manage contract and price negotiations.
- Purchasing and Inventory – Manage office supply inventory, ensuring the relevant supplies are stocked and maintain office equipment.
- Finance and Accounting
• Assist in the account payable process
• Provide support to the cash receipts and accounts receivable function
• Overall support as needed
• Provide support to the CFO as needed
• Perform purchasing functions
• Manage office supply inventory. Serve as a liaison to the Marketing department for specific printed material
• Serve as lead for document retention practices
• Organization and maintenance of the B1 storage room
• Assist HR Manager with new hire onboarding as needed
• Produce the monthly staff newsletter
• Lead Social Committee activities and coordinate company events
• Serve as a backup to receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Other duties as needed
- Complimentary insurance for regular full-time employees and their eligible dependents
- Eligible employees will receive 15% of their biweekly earnings for the employer's 401k contribution
- Eligible employees will earn 5 hours of paid time off for each pay period (130 hours per anniversary year)
- Wellness benefits
- Paid federal holidays
- Free parking
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Associate/Bachelor Degree in Office Administration or related field strongly preferred
• At least two years of relevant experience in a similar work setting required
• Previous human resources experience is strongly preferred
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Project Management Skills
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Superior Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and pay attention to details
• Critical Thinking Skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Exchange Software
• Must be a self-starter and self-driven
• Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times